Discover our other treatments
You are here: | | Laser hair removal
Laser hair removal
Laser hair removal offers a long-term solution for eliminating unwanted hair.
What is it ?
Laser hair removal is a recognised safe, quick and efficient medical technique to remove unwanted hair on both men and women. The variety and specificity of lasers used helps to successfully remove hair from any skin type, regardless of colour. The laser targets the hair's pigment, therefore the darker the hair, the better the result. Excellent long-term results. For further information, check website Candela.com
What is the procedure ?
- Medical interview: The therapist asks appropriate medical questions to the patient.
- Photos of areas to be treated: Photos help to follow the evolution of the treatment with precision.
- Diagnosis and establishing a treatment protocol: The therapist explains the protocol and expected results to the patient, as well as precautions to be taken to avoid undesired side-effects.
- Skin test: A mandatory test must be carried out during the first consultation and before treating a new area, in order to determine the best laser hair removal parameters.
- Laser use: We recommend applying an anaesthetic cream before the procedure. The therapist asks the patient to protect their eyes with special glasses. The patient lies down on an examination table for comfort. The therapist applies the laser head on the area requiring treatment and triggers the laser beam. The light emitted by the laser is absorbed by the melanin and converted into heat. The follicles responsible for the hair growing back are thus destroyed. The length of each session varies according to the size of the area to be treated.
What can be treated ?
Any area of the body can be treated, but the most frequently requested are:
For the face:
- between the eyebrows
- around the lips
For the body:
- bikini line
- nape of neck
Number of sessions ?
Approximately 5 to 9 sessions, 6 weeks apart are required. The patients must not expose themselves to the sun for 6 weeks prior to the treatment, since tanning and hair removal do not go hand in hand.
From the first session, the skin is smooth and soft.
Side effects ?
It is normal to experience some redness on the treated areas which should disappear after a few hours. Superficial burns can occur and will quickly fade away without leaving a trace. Hyper or hypo-pigmentation is rare and mostly reversible.